Glowing skin is what everyone looks for in all seasons. While summer is the season of outdoor plans, wear summer shorts and enjoy watery fruits, it also brings many skin challenges.
The burning sun and hot winds tend to damage the natural skin glow and make it dull, rough and dark. Many wants healthy summer skin tan color to make look their skin more glossy and shiny. But, the thing is you’re about to get harmful tanning if you go without any precautions or some easy summer skin care tips.
We all demand soft and glowing skin even in hot weather of summers. Our skin suffers from roughness, summer tans and clog pores because of dust, pollution and heat waves. This can lead to blackheads, itchiness and lose your beautiful skin tone.
Because of all this, our skin needs special care in summer. Most people spends a lot of money on chemical products or face treatments, assuming this will do the trick. But let me tell you, ultimately they are using chemicals only.
It’s not so good to go for facial every time you feel so and don’t get desired result. So, what’s the solution for that?
Well, take a chill pill. You can lock the healthy glowing skin in summer directly from the kitchen! Surprised? Well then let me clear you.
Your kitchen has many natural ingredients that act as natural remedies for glowing skin in summer of your goal. Want to know how to apply them?
If “yes” then scroll down through the “Freaky Thoughts” inspired the 10 best natural home remedies for glowing skin this summer:
1. Cucumber face mask
Cucumber is a wonderful cooling element to be applied to your skin in summer. It’s not only used in salads, but also easily available and cheap. Also, it has many beneficiary nutrients for our skin and body.
Here is how you can prepare cucumber face pack for summer:
1.1 Gram Flour (Besan) for glowing skin
- Make a smooth mixture of cucumber juice and besan.
- Apply this mixture on your skin. Leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Gently pat your skin dry.
This cucumber and besan face mask will freshen up your skin and gives it a natural glow.
1.2 Cucumber and Potato face mask
- Prepare cucumber and potato juice.
- Apply the mixture on your face.
- Rest it for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off.
This cucumber and potato juice face pack will help you to remove tans and soothe sunburns.
1.3 Cucumber and Milk face mask
- Add 2 tablespoon milk to 2 tablespoons of cucumber pulp
- Put it on your face and neck.
- After keeping it for 20 minutes, clean the pack with lukewarm water
This milk face pack with cucumber will glow your skin in no time.
2. Banana face mask
Apart from having great health benefits, banana also offers remarkable effects on the skin when applied. This pocket friendly ingredient nourishes and protects your skin from germs and infections.
It works as anti-aging mask that also treat acne and provide a natural healthy glow to the skin.
2.1 Avocado and banana face mask
- Take half banana and avocado. Simply smash them together.
- Add 2 tbs of honey to the smash and mix it to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this freshly prepared mask on clean face.
- Let it set there for 20-30 minutes. Massage the face with a pack for 4-5 minutes and then remove with a wet washcloth.
- Wash your face after 30 minutes of removing face pack.
If you want to enjoy instant glow this summer then try this pack.
2.2 Oats and Milk face mask
- Smash half banana and add milk into it. Now add oats and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Mix it well to prepare a smooth mixture.
- Clean your face, apply the paste and let it set for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wet your hands with water and gently rub your face with pack.
- Finally remove the pack and pat the skin dry.
Milk is an ultimate solution for rehydrating the skin, while oats removes sun tans and gives anti-aging benefits. Try this three ingredients pack for healthy glowing skin this summer.
3. Almond face mask
Vitamin E is a well-known factor for the skin care issues treatment, and almonds are loaded with this vitamin. It helps to get fair complexion and smooth glowing skin. It also cleanse open pores and treat acne scars.
3.1 Lemon Juice
- You need to grind 4-5 almonds to make a fine paste
- Now add some lemon juice into it.
- Use this pack on your face and let it stay there for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it with cold water.
Lemon is useful ingredient to remove sun tan in summer and also clear dead skin cells and dark spots.
3.2 Orange Peel
- Take equal amount of Almond powder and orange peel powder and mix well them with milk.
- Apply it to the face and leave it for few minutes.
- Rinse it well while scrubbing gently in circular motion
Orange peel with almond face mask works as scrub for your skin and make it glow.
3.3 Almond and Milk face mask
- Soak 8-10 almonds in a half cup of milk overnight
- Grind the soaked almonds next morning. Add more milk if necessary.
- Apply this paste to your skin
- Wash off your skin with water after keeping it 20-30 minutes.
Implement this for 2 to 3 times a week for 2 to 3 months. Almonds and Milk pack works great for instant summer glowing skin.
4. Papaya face mask
Papaya is one of the best home remedies for glowing skin. This nutritious fruit has bleaching and antibacterial properties which glow your skin by eliminating dead skin cells and reducing scars effects.
Additionally, there is a papain in papaya which acts as an exfoliator. It penetrates deep into skin layers and removes dead skin cells, making it more radiant, younger and glowy.
4.1 Honey and Egg White
- Prepare 2 table spoons of mashed papaya, 1 table spoon of honey and 1 egg white.
- Stir them well and apply it on your face and neck.
- Wash it off with warm water
- Do this at least once a week
Honey will hydrate and smoothen your skin while egg white tighten up your skin pores, thus give you your dream smooth-looking glow.
4.2 Papaya and lemon face mask
- For this face pack you have to mix mashed papaya with 1 table spoon lemon juice.
- Allow this face pack to rest on your face for 10 minutes
- Wash off the face pack with water
Vitamin C available in lemon makes it perfect as dark spot-lightening agent. Its bleaching and antioxidant properties helps to fight aging bacteria.
5. Turmeric face mask
Most integral part of the Indian culture – Turmeric (Haldi) offers its own unique health and beauty benefits. Turmeric is the best healing spice being used for long time as beauty treatments due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-aging properties.
As it’s a natural antiseptic, Indian brides do have rituals of doing Turmeric or Haldi body scrub before a wedding day. It makes the skin flawless and glowing.
5.1 Turmeric and sandalwood face mask
- Prepare the pack with sandalwood powder and a pinch of turmeric in a bowl.
- Make a smooth paste with adding rose water to it.
- Apply this sandalwood and turmeric pack.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and rinse with cool water
- Do perform this for twice per week
Sandalwood Powder or Chandan is a natural exfoliator that absorb excess oil and allow your skin to glow and shine.
5.2 Yogurt, fuller’s earth and rose water
- Make a mixture of 2 teaspoons yogurt, 1 teaspoon of Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti), rose water and a pinch of turmeric. Optionally, you can also add sandalwood powder.
- Stir them well as we need smooth paste of it to apply over the face.
- Let it set on your face for 15 minutes and then wash the face with cool water.
Bacteria present in yogurt fights against acne. Fuller’s earth or multani mitti improves your skin condition. Rose water helps to soothe dry and irritated skin.
6. Lemon face mask
Lemon is perfect for removing summer tanning as it is a natural bleaching agent having Vitamin C. It is a great option of natural way to get glowing skin in summer.
6.1 Honey and lemon face mask
- First of all mix raw honey and lemon juice in equal amount
- Apply this mixture on the skin and leave it for about 15 minutes
- Wash it with normal water
Honey soften and supple the skin. The lemon and honey face pack helps to remove tan and gives you fair and glowing skin.
6.2 Strawberry lemon face mask
- Cut 2 to 3 strawberry to get a pulp out of it.
- Combine the pulp with 1 tablespoon yogurt, half tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Cover the face and neck with the prepared strawberry and lemon face pack
- After letting it stay for 15 minutes, remove the pack with water giving gentle circular motion massage
- Follow this process once a week
Strawberries are healthy to eat and as beauty product also. It makes the skin firm and taut by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
7. Yogurt (Curd) face mask
Including its variety of flavors to dishes and health benefits, Yogurt can be the other natural home remedy for glowing skin you may look for this summer. Also known as its another name curd, it has many skin care benefits:
- Exfoliate your skin and make it look fresh, healthy and young
- Nourish and moisturize the skin
- Hydrates the skin and help it to stay healthy and smooth all day
7.1 Gram Flour (Besan) and Turmeric
- Add 1 tbsp besan and 1/4 of turmeric into 1 tbsp curd.
- Combine all together until you get a smooth and consistent mixture.
- Clean your face first and then apply this paste to the face.
- Wait for 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water
This Besan, curd and turmeric face pack is the perfect for all skin type as all are natural ingredients.
7.2 Oats and tomato
- Take a bowl and combine 1 tbsp Curd, 2 tbsp Gound oats and 1 tbsp of tomato juice together.
- Make affine paste and cover your face with the mixture
- Wash the face with water and pat it dry with clean towel
- You can do this once a week
Oatmeal helps to shed dead skin cells and make it glow. Tomato juice is an excellent tan removal element to maintain skin’s PH level and heal acne.
You can make a combination of yogurt with honey, lemon, potato, cucumber or orange peel to get glowing skin.
8. Egg White
Eggs are morning breakfast of many in this world, but rarely people know about its beauty secrets. Eggs are not only good as weight loss friendly foods but also tones the skin and makes it fairer.
They act as an anti-aging agents by tightening large pores and reducing wrinkles and fine lines. Eggs have miraculous effects on the skin tones, texture and healthiness.
8.1 Plain egg white
- First, clean your face well
- Take an egg and separate yolk from egg white
- Now apply that plain egg white on your face
- Wait for 10-15 minutes until it becomes dry
- Rinse it off with plain water
This helps to improve blood circulation and tighten up your skin.
8.2 Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti)
- Stir well an egg white and fuller’s earth (Multani mitti) for good consistency
- Apply the mixture to the face and wait for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off the pack
This egg white and multani mitti combination controls excess oil on your skin and keep all skin issues away.
8.3 Aloe Vera and Milk
- Bring together the three – pulp of Aloe Vera, egg white and 2 tbsp milk powder.
- Paste it and cover your face with it
- Let it dry before applying the next coat
- After that, keep applying the coat for about 30 minutes. But remember to let dry the previous one.
- At last, wash it all with water
Milk is the moisturizing and soothing element while aloe Vera is antibacterial and prevent any type of skin inflammation. All together lighten up your skin.
There are many ingredients that you can add to prepare different face masks with egg white. For example: carrot and milk, lemon and gram flour, honey and more.
Most beauty products come with honey included in it. The widely used natural antioxidant to protect your skin from Sun’s harsh UV rays and city’s pollution.
With its natural quality to moisturize and clean, honey helps to treat scars and pimples – also keep maintaining young skin all that you want!
- Smash the half tomato with no lumps and add 1 tbsp honey in that.
- Apply the thick paste on the skin and let it set for 15 minutes.
- Remove the face pack with warm water.
Tomato improves the skin texture – all thanks to its vitamin C. Moreover, it brings your natural shine back with clean and glowing skin.
- Simply mash the half banana and mix honey to it.
- Whisk it thoroughly to prepare consistent paste.
- Apply the paste on the skin.
- Leave it for about10minutes and then wash your face with warm water.
If you are the one who look for natural healthy glow on your face, please take a look to this skin softer and moisturizing banana and honey face mask.
- Mix 2 tbsp honey into half table spoon sugar.
- Give a gentle massage to the face for 2 to 3 minutes and wash it off.
You can go for sea salt if sugar is not preferable. Both are perfect in exfoliating the skin and removing all impurities summer introduce to you.
10. Aloe Vera
- The Aloe Vera gel works as a wonderful moisturizer for skin.
- Fresh looking skin all time
- Hydrates and rejuvenates the skin
- Prevents pimples and acne
- Gives you natural and healthy glowing skin
- A good anti-aging element
- Helps to reduce dark spots and skin blemishes
10.1 Rose water
- Take 1 tbsp of aloe Vera gel and 1 tbsp rose water.
- Mix them well to form a paste.
- Cover the face with this paste and allow it to set for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water after massaging for 2-3 minutes.
Rose water is a kind of astringent that tones the skin and treat acne marks, age spots or any injury or burn marks. It tones the skin and heal any itching or skin pigmentation.
- Mash 3-4 pieces of banana completely and mix them with 1 tbsp aloe Vera gel.
- Clean your face with lukewarm water after keeping this on your face for 10 minutes.
Banana is rich in hydrating and nourishing the skin, which results into the relief from the flakiness and dry patches of the skin.
- Prepare a paste by mixing all ingredients – a pinch of turmeric, 1 tbsp aloe Vera gel, 1 tbsp honey and few drops of rose water.
- Evenly apply the paste to your face and neck. Rest it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and gently dry with clean towel.
This pack is suitable for all skin types – for both women and men to get radiant and glowing skin.
- Make this face pack ready by creating a smooth paste of aloe Vera gel and cucumber juice. Optionally, you can add few drops of rose or any essential oil.
- Put it on the face and wait for 15 minutes.
- Clear the pack with cold water.
This Aloe Vera and cucumber face pack is superb for sunburns and sun tans. Cucumber makes it cool on skin and keep it refreshed and clean. It eliminates all impurities including oil and dirt.
10.5 Neem Leaves
- Properly wash few neem leaves and grind them to make thick paste. You can add some holy basil (Tulsi) leaves.
- Now take 2 tbsp aloe Vera gel, 1 tbsp honey and mix them with the neem leaves paste. Add water if needed.
- Apply the paste all over the face, let it dry for 10-12 minutes and rinse off.
Neem leaves and tulsi leaves are considered as best treatment for any skin and health problems. They kill acne creating bacteria and helps to treat acne and scars.
As the hot and humid summer days are back, the sunburn and suntan that your skin suffers from will take a long time to cure if you don’t take enough care of it.
These natural home remedies will take you to the healthy glowing skin this summer without any load on your pocket.
Try these natural home remedies for glowing skin this summer and let me know your reviews on it. Just leave a comment of your best experience!