As we’re rolling in the shining summer days, the soaring temperature tempts us to look around for refreshing summer drinks to keep ourselves cool and hydrated.
This is the time of the year when being hydrated is the most important factor since you lose water and also some essential minerals faster through sweat, urine, or skin perspiration.
While water is an evergreen drink to suppress thirst like no other, some healthy yet refreshing summer drinks are no less if you’re looking for beverages to replenish your body!
At Freaky Thoughts, we’re listing such not-plain-water and soothing summer drinks you should definitely give a try to beat the red-hot effects and cool off:
Buttermilk is the popular drink in India, also known as “Chaas”. It is an awesome drink not only to keep you hydrated on a hot sunny day but also to come up with other excellent benefits too.
This curd-based drink is a great digestive to fight constipation, helps with acidity and also a good source of necessary vitamins and minerals despite the super-cooling effect.
- Mix 2 cups curd with Mint leaves, chopped curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves, salt and cumin powder.
- Add 5 to 6 cups of water and blend it into a smooth mixture.
- Alternatively, you can use a chaat masala or spice mixture instead of other ingredients.
Lemonade or lemon water is one of the very commonly used refreshing summer drinks and very easy to prepare.
While the drink rejuvenates you this summer, you can benefit yourselves by ample loaded health benefits of it.
Lemon is a rich source of vitamin c, a primary antioxidant to reduce the risk of heatstroke and dehydration which are the major issues in summer.
Though, the addition of few mint leaves along with cucumber is a plus to refill one with coolness. Both are having hydrating properties and keeps constipation at the bay.
- Take few mint leaves and one grated cucumber
- Blend them together to a fine paste.
- Pour into the glass, squeeze a lemon to it and add honey and salt as per taste.
- You can also add ginger paste or jeera powder and sugar instead of honey.
Made out of the king of fruits – Mango, Aam Panna is one of the best refreshing summer drinks to keep your stomach cool.
Additionally, the pulp of mango along with the salt, pepper and mint leaves give this drink a mouth-watering flavor simply one cannot resist.
Aam Panna energizes the body by restoring the iron and salt we lost due to sweating on these hot days. Other benefits of Aam Panna also include serving nutrition like Vitamin C, A, B12 and minerals like sodium, calcium and immunity booster.
- Boil 2 medium-sized green mangoes till they become soft and skin separated.
- After they become cool, peel them to get the pulp out of it.
- Mix the pulp with salt, pepper and if you like, also a few mint leaves. Ginger can also be a great choice.
- Add around 2 cups of water and blend all together.
Aloe Vera juice
Aloe Vera, having convenient access by growing plant at home, is an ideal one to treat dehydration and detoxification due to its water-dense quality.
The aloe vera juice is neither less in nutrients too. By drinking it, you’ll make sure you’ll have the important vitamins and minerals like vitamin B12 which can be seen very little in vegetarians and vegans.
Aloe Vera itself has a soothing and calming effect.
- Extract aloe gel from Aloe Vera (make sure to remove latex as it’s not edible)
- Add salt, pepper or ginger, honey (optional) and 1 or 2 glasses of water to the gel and blend together.
- You can squeeze a lemon into this juice.
Nothing can be as invigorating as a glass of coconut water. In fact, among all the refreshing summer drinks, this is the most natural drink with a lot of amazing benefits next to the water.
See more on: How much water you should drink?
Besides a fresh taste, it is jam-packed with electrolytes, sodium, potassium and sugars which we usually lost during hot weather.
It corrects our dehydration, aid digestion, improves energy levels and mostly, doesn’t keep you always thirsty!
Well, we all know about the juicy fruits we have on blistering summer.
In fact, watermelon, oranges, grapes, pomegranate, strawberry and many more are filled with a great amount of water to toss in for hydration.
Easily homemade, these fruits as raw or juice not only give you a cool and hydrating feeling but also balance the tons of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Other fruits are also there you should not miss out on like wood apple, lychee, plum and pineapple.
So just grab some ice cubes, slices of your favorite fruit and blend with a glass of water. However, to add some flavor and spice, you can add any of these ingredients: ginger, pepper, salt, honey, mint or lemon.
This is it! Go ahead to try these refreshing summer drinks and ensure you freshen up with plenty of energy while cheering your summer bliss.