To avail Indian passport, several documents need to be submitted at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Regional Passport Office (RPO).
The online passport application process remains same for minors, while documents may vary.
Requirements for a Minor passport
- Applicants under the age of 18 are eligible for minor passport.
- A minor’s passport validity is for 5 years or till he/she turns 18, whichever comes first.
- However, if the minor’s age is between 15 to 18 years, can apply for 10-year passport validity instead of validity till they turn 18.
- Furthermore, parents or legal guardians have to be present or must send consent for minor’s passport issuance.
- Passport fees depends on category chosen by minor.
- Documents attested by parents for minor applicants.
- The minor is eligible for non-ECR category till he gets the age of 18.
Documents required for fresh passport for Minors
When applying for fresh passport for minors, few details of parent’s documents also required to be attached with minor’s passport application.
Let’s begin the list of documents required for fresh Indian passport for minors:
Proof of Current Address
Proof of Date of Birth
|Any of the current Address Proof in the name of the parent(s), (The acceptable list of documents as address proof is specified in documents required for Fresh passport for Adults)||Certificate from the recognized board/university, the applicant most recently attended.School leaving certificateSecondary School leaving certificate|
|Original as well as self-attested copies of parent’s passport, in case they have||Birth certificate issued by Municipal Corporation / Registrar of Births and Deaths|
|A declaration provided by Head of the Child Care / Orphanage Home on the letterhead confirming the date of birth|
|Aadhaar Card / E-Aadhaar / Election Photo Identity Card / PAN Card / Driving License (applicable only if applicant has precise date of birth)|
Other eligibility criteria for fresh passport for minors
The above 2 are the basic documents necessary to be attached with online passport application. Other than these, supportive documents vary based on minor’s eligibility criteria for fresh passport:
Select whichever case is for fresh passport for minor where you’ll also get the relevant list of documents as per criteria.
Required annexures are available at the official website of passport seva. Make sure you read all the cases under which the minor is eligible for applying fresh passport online.
Passport fees for Minors
Passport fees for minors depends on the age of the minor and the validity of the passport. Normally, the passport fees for minor for fresh passport application is 1000 Rs.